Get The Perfect Indoor Temperature
Bradley Mechanical has served the Central Virginia area for more than 40 years, which means our technicians have seen a thing or two. Rooms that either get too hot or too cold are a common complaint in many homes. Often, we find that the reasons for this issue vary — and can often be caused by several factors. That’s why it’s always a good idea to hire an HVAC professional to quickly and effectively solve the problem. Bradley Mechanical offers a variety of cost-effective services.
Here are some of the common causes of hot/cold rooms:
- Lack of air going to the room due to an HVAC issue.
- Poor return air pathway.
- The ducts are the wrong size, restricted, very leaky, or run through unairconditioned spaces.
- The house could have a leakage.
- Poor insulation.
- Heating/Cooling could be connected to the outside by an overhang, bump-out or bay window. Dropped soffits are often problematic.
- Major framed areas could cause problems when walls are offset as in split levels or tray ceilings.
- Too much glass to wall area. Example: The glass area could be on the west side of the dwelling where it receives a large amount of late afternoon sun causing a rise in temperature.
- Other building elements could also be causing discomfort. Example: Foundation walls, chimneys, and uninsulated slabs.
- A vented crawl space is present with an insulated floor, placing ductwork outside of the envelope.
- Affected rooms may be too close or too far from the distribution of air.
- Balancing issues where branches or trunks cannot be dampered down. Dampers may be present and not set correctly or in a locked position.
Usually, when you have a room that gets too hot or seems too cold — the issue is caused by some insulation problem either in the room itself or the air pathway. At Bradley Mechanical, we recommend hiring someone with an extensive background in HVAC to resolve the issue.
Contact us to get a quote on service for your hot/cold room. We use a flat rate price to ensure that the job costs what is quoted, no surprise charges.