Insulation Flaws? Bradley Mechanical Can Help.
Bradley Mechanical has been Central Virginia’s trusted source for home maintenance and repair for more than 44 years. Our technicians can help detect insulation issues and create effective solutions.
If you’re having problems keeping your home insulated, read our list of common insulation flaws below:
The 8 Common Insulation Flaws
- Wrong material for the particular application
- Material is poorly installed, backward, void or falling away
- Pest infestation and nesting events
- Damaged by fire or potential to cause a fire
- Wet from leaks or condensation
- Wind washing at eaves or intrusion from unbacked insulation
- Compression or displacement from being blown or moved
- Compromised by excessive air leakage at numerous sites
Think of insulation as a thermal blanket surrounding you to keep warm during the winter and cool in the summer. Insulation is rated in “R-values.” A single pane of glass provides little insulation so therefore it is an R1. The higher the R-value the more it resists the flow of heat from warm to cold. At Bradley Mechanical, we can help you choose the best kind of insulation for your home.
If you think there may be a problem with your insulation, give Bradley Mechanical a call. We provide comprehensive installation services that use the best materials to create effective insulation. Interested in scheduling a service call or receiving a free quote from Bradley Mechanical?
Get in touch. We use a flat rate price to ensure that the job costs what is quoted, no surprise charges.