How Generators Can Actually Save Money
Most of the benefits of generators seem pretty obvious — keep your lights on and appliances running during a power outage. But what may surprise you are the serious savings generators can provide. This summer, residents of Central Virginia can expect thunderstorms to bring the heat, and most likely, knock out the power. Standby generators offer cost savings for homeowners and business owners alike.
Benefits for Businesses
For business owners, a generator is a necessity. Most business can’t function without power, and closing for days or weeks just isn’t an option. Having to close your doors isn’t the only risk your business could face during an outage. Here are several other reasons why you need a generator for your business:
- Security: There are people out there who look to take advantage of businesses during power outages when security systems are down. With a backup generator, you can continue to run your lighting and security systems, and keep your business safe from looters.
- Data Loss: If you store important data on your business computers, that information is at risk of being lost during a power outage. Computers are vulnerable to surges and outages, and data that your business relies on could be lost. Generators can help protect your vital digital information without missing a beat.
- Connection to Customers & Suppliers: Another important aspect of your business is staying connected. That can include sending emails, making calls, and using the internet. For many businesses, staying online is just as important as keeping the physical doors open.
- Stay Efficient: You may not even need a massive generator to power your entire building during an outage. You can always choose different parts of your building to power, and shift around sections and employees to remain efficient. Speaking of employees, you may still have to pay them even if work is closed. With a generator you’ll be able to save that money and not lose out on productivity.
Generator Benefits for Homeowners
Even for homeowners, generators have gone from being a luxury to a necessity. Here are a few ways generators can save you time, money, and energy:
- Lower insurance rate: Generators keep lights on and security systems running, so it’s no wonder why so many insurance agencies view generators as an investment in theft protection. That’s why installing a generator can reduce your homeowners insurance rate.
- Increased property value: A recent study by Remodeling Magazine found that half of the cost of a generator is made back in increased property value. This is especially appealing after considering all of the customer-friendly generator finance options.
- Save on food & lodging: Power outage costs can quickly add up when you consider all the costs associated with keeping your home running. For example, a refrigerator full of spoiled food can equal around $200 lost on groceries. Some families choose to stay in hotels during outages, which can incur around $150 a night.
- Save your plumbing: If you’ve invested in a home sump pump to avoid plumbing backups during a storm — it’s important to have a generator that keeps it running during the most crucial times. Otherwise, basement plumbing damage can cost up to $20,000.
Bradley Mechanical is Richmond and Central Virginia’s go-to businesses for generator installation, service, and repair. We’ll make sure your power stays up and running during this summer storm season. Give us a call today at 804-748-6728.